Strategic Management and Leadership – Masters / MBA (Level 7)
The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is an MBA advanced entry course which provides learners with 120 credits of the 180 credits required to achieve a complete MBA. The course itself is made up of 30 interactive modules and 8 written assignments with approximately 40 guided learning hours per module. All modules have an additional 30-50 learning hours of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
After receiving your Level 7 Diploma you are eligible to apply for an MBA top up course, either online or on campus at a range of UK universities. The top up portion will usually consist of the final 60 credits of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module.
- Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is £2600.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
To enrol onto the level 7 programme, you must be either
a) a university graduate who is over 22 years old, or
b) a non-university graduate over 24 year old and with at least five years of managerial experience.
Our online business management, hotel and hospitality, and computing courses will help you obtain a diploma, which is recognised by employers and awarded by OFQUAL, the UK government higher education regulating body.
These diplomas can then be used as progression onto completion of a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, at an accredited UK or overseas university.
- Choose a course.
- Study the course modules.
- Complete online multiple-choice tests and written assignments
- Receive your certificate and university credits.
- Top up your qualifications and earn a BA degree or MBA.
Your degree or MBA will be awarded to you by the university you complete your final year with.
Our awarding body partners have direct links with UK universities, who accept the OFQUAL credits awarded from studying our courses.
Assessment at FastTrack is a straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions, which are answered in sets of five, so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour, the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a certificate of completion. If you don’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments provided by FastTrack that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these assignments, you will receive your diploma from the OFQUAL awarding organization.
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
On completion of this course students have the opportunity to complete an MBA programme from a range of UK universities. The top up programme can be studied online or on campus. The MBA top up comprises the final 60 credits which consists of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module.
University of Gloucestershire
- MBA Business Administration
Anglia Ruskin University
- MBA (Top-Up)
University of Bolton
- MBA Business Administration
University of Sunderland
- MBA Business Administration (campus)
- Master of Business Administration (online) / (campus)
- Executive MBA
- MA in Human Resource Management
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- Executive Master of Business Administration
University of Derby
- Top up to MBA – (partial exemption)
Completing on campus in the UK
Most universities in the UK will accept the FastTrack UK Education 120 credit programme for entry onto the MBA top-up on campus.
Qualities of effective leadership
Learners will explore the making and developing of powerful leaders.
Developing interpersonal skills
Connecting and bonding with people within the commercial sectors is extremely important for good business. This module trains learners in skills to improve and enhance communication techniques to create strong bonds.
Motivating and influencing people
Inspiring people to create a unity of direction within business.
Doing the right things in the right way at the right time. Learners will look at the process of making a good decision.
Creativity and problem solving
Do problems pose a threat or are they an opportunity to improve? Here, learners will figure out how to turn a problem into an advantage.
Studying and using management theories
There are many theories concerned with management and the various models developed from these theories. This module looks over these theories with real life examples.
The external operating environment of business
Planning for influences on the business outside your control.
Culture and ethics
The culture and ethics involved in the business world today.
Governance and directorships
Structuring and controlling a business the professional way.
Analysing the competition
What are my competitors doing, how are they doing it, why are they doing it? Reviewing and analysing competitor actions to enhance managerial roles.
Creating an effective and successful market presence. Looking at the development of marketing strategies to create successful marketing campaigns.
High performance sales
Learners will grasp the key elements of successful selling.
Understanding and using effective electronic messages to market.
Customers and their needs
Ensuring that your customers are recognised and valued.
Strategic Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management must play a central role in the strategy of any organization. It is concerned with people as an asset of the business.
Recruiting and CPD
Getting the best people. Developing the best people. Keeping the best people.
Measuring and rewarding performance
Knowing and measuring how your people are performing.
Interpreting business accounts
Using and understanding the litmus tests of business health.
Tools of financial analysis
Resources, tools and techniques to keep a finger on the pulse of the business.
Managing cash and working capital
Cash, cash flow and working capital. The lifeblood of business.
Exercises in quantitative techniques
How to use and understand key figures.
Impact of technology on business
Analyse and exploit the role of e-business within a business sector.
Innovation and R&D
Creating commercial advantage from innovation and research.
Implementing and managing quality systems
Right first time, right every time. The place of quality in business strategy.
Strategic planning tools
Resources, tools and ideas to help create an effective business strategy.
Strategic and systems management
Options for strategic direction. Making the right choices for your business.
The business plan
Creating a plan that targets the stated aims and objectives of a business.
Developing high performance teams
Cohesion and teamwork that enhances business performance.
Getting things done. Using the right tools to run projects.
Strategies for growth
This module explores the different ideas of growth and the various tools, measures and controls at a managers disposal in planning for growth.
The Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership course has 8 written assignments. The assignments are approximately 2,000-3,000 words each.
The assignment unit titles for the level 7 course are:
1. Manage team performance to support strategy
2. Information management and strategic decision taking
3. Leading a strategic management project
4. Strategic direction
5. Strategic planning
6. Development as a strategic manager
7. Finance for managers
8. Strategic marketing
Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership and final year of an accredited postgraduate degree programme, learners will have the skills to execute a professional managerial role in Marketing, Accounting, Business Consultancy and more.
A Business Management diploma and MBA develops key cognitive skills such as critical thinking, analysis, evaluation, and writing while also establishing presentation and numeracy skills to enhance knowledge and experience. These skills are critical in helping you advance your career.