IT and Computing – (Level 4 & 5) course
If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, the IT and computing diploma offered by FastTrack UK Education is definitely a course you should consider.
The level 4 modules and assignments of this course are equivalent to the first year of a university degree and the level 5 modules and assignments are equivalent to the second year of a university degree.
Our online level 4/5 Information Technology diploma course is a 240-credit course, it includes 10 modules and 6 written assignments at each level. The course is designed to equip you with the skills you need to top up to a full undergraduate degree and go on to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services including tutor support, webinars and additional materials to help in the completion of their diploma course.
- Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
- Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology
The fee for enrolling onto the level 4 and level 5 courses together is £3000. Alternatively students can enrol onto a single level (level 4 or 5) for £1800 each.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
You can decide to top up to a full undergraduate degree through an accredited UK university:
- Middlesex University
- University of Gloucestershire
- University of Derby
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Huddersfield
Our online business management, hotel and hospitality, and computing courses will help you obtain a diploma, which is recognised by employers and awarded by OFQUAL, the UK government higher education regulating body.
These diplomas can then be used as progression onto completion of a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, at an accredited UK or overseas university.
- Choose a course.
- Study the course modules.
- Complete online multiple-choice tests and written assignments
- Receive your certificate and university credits.
- Top up your qualifications and earn a BA degree or MBA.
Your degree or MBA will be awarded to you by the university you complete your final year with.
Our awarding body partners have direct links with UK universities, who accept the OFQUAL credits awarded from studying our courses.
Assessment at FastTrack is a straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions, which are answered in sets of five, so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour, the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a certificate of completion. If you don’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments provided by FastTrack that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these assignments, you will receive your diploma from the OFQUAL awarding organization.
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
To enrol onto the level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education. Before enroling on to the level 5 course, you must complete the level 4 or equivalent.
Computer systems and software
This module will develop learners’ understanding of the integration of hardware and software components.
Learners will use different tools and techniques to design, implement and test programs, following the system life cycle.
Relational database systems
This unit will develop learners’ understanding of database systems and data analysis and modelling.
Learners will gain an understanding of the need for software engineering and the different methods and techniques.
Systems analysis and design
This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organisation needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
E- commerce applications
This module explores the role of e-commerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements.
Human computer interaction
This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of human computer interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
IT and society
This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
Information systems theory and practice
This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
Management Information Systems
This module focuses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.
Innovative technologies in computing
This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
Computing research methods
This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including use of literature and design of research proposals.
Software development methodologies
This module looks at the role of systems engineering in development of software and various models of data, software and processes using modelling approaches.
Managing a computing project
Learners will find out about different project management tools and techniques that can be used when managing a computing project.
Strategic management information systems
This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organisation and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
Ethical, legal and professional issues in IT
This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
Web based development
This module will explore the design, deployment and management of virtualization and explore its commercial and potential impact.
This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
Database design and development
Learners will extend their understanding of database design and development. They will research database management systems and will design and implement a complex database.
The Qualifi level 4/5 IT and Computing course is made up of 6 written assignments at each level. The assignments are approximately 2,000-3,000 words each.
The assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are:
- Information technology and IT ethics
- Mathematics and statistics for IT
- PC maintenance and operating systems
- Computer graphics editing and database concepts
- Logical IT networking
- Web design
The assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are:
- Network security
- C#.NET programming
- System administration
- Network routing and switching
- Web design
Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.