Information Technology – (Level 3 / A level) course
Businesses require IT to remain competitive and provide the best products and services to their customers. As more and more businesses discover ways to use technology to their benefit, demand for trained, specialised IT professionals grows. Do you want to start your career in IT? The level 3 foundation diploma in information technology is a 60 credit qualification (equivalent to one A level). The objective of the course is to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to work in the IT sector or progress to further study.
This qualification is designed to ensure that each learner has an opportunity to build sector knowledge and learn current skills and practices in computer systems, networks, coding, website development, mobile communications, cyber security and social media for business.
The level 3 course is made up of 6 modules and 6 written assignments. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
The fee for enrolling onto the level 3 course is £1600.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
On completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to apply for admission onto a full BA degree programme from a range of UK universities. Alternatively, students can opt to study one of our level 4/5 IT programmes and then go on to complete a BA top up at a range of UK universities.
Our online business management, hotel and hospitality, and computing courses will help you obtain a diploma, which is recognised by employers and awarded by OFQUAL, the UK government higher education regulating body.
These diplomas can then be used as progression onto completion of a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, at an accredited UK or overseas university.
- Choose a course.
- Study the course modules.
- Complete online multiple-choice tests and written assignments
- Receive your certificate and university credits.
- Top up your qualifications and earn a BA degree or MBA.
Your degree or MBA will be awarded to you by the university you complete your final year with.
Our awarding body partners have direct links with UK universities, who accept the OFQUAL credits awarded from studying our courses.
Assessment at FastTrack is a straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions, which are answered in sets of five, so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour, the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a certificate of completion. If you don’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments provided by FastTrack that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these assignments, you will receive your diploma from the OFQUAL awarding organization.
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
The level 3 course is made up of 6 modules and 6 written assignments. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
This course is most suited to individuals who are at least 16 years old, have a high school education and wish to progress onto a degree at university, or the undergraduate level 4/5 diploma in information technology with FastTrack UK Education.
- Understand the purpose of computer systems
- Understand the purpose of computer system components
- Be able to configure computer systems
Coding and Website Development
- Understand the purpose and types of coding
- Understand web architecture and components
- Be able to create interactive websites
- Understand networking principles
- Understand how network hardware and software components are connected
- Understand the usage and security concerns related to networking
- Understand the uses and features of mobile communication devices
- Understand the communication technologies used in mobile devices
- Understand the implications of mobile communications technology
- Understand cyber security
- Understand core terminology and key aspects of cyber security
- Understand cyber threat intelligence
Social media for business
- Understand the importance of using social media in a business environment
- Understand the need for social media content planning and publishing in a business environment
- Be able to develop a policy and a plan to use social media in a business environment
The level 3 foundation diploma in IT has 6 written assignments. The assignments are approximately 2,000-3,000 words each.
The assignment unit titles that students need to complete for the level 3 course are:
- Computer systems
- Coding and website development
- Mobile communication
- Cyber security
- Social media for business